Why the Be Brave Ranch?
- It is the first and only program of its kind in Canada.
- Provides specialized, intensive, multi-modal therapeutic interventions and trauma-informed, evidence-based treatment.
- Delivers programming designed with significant input from leading academic and clinical experts.
- Rooted in a wholistic family-centered approach.
- Offers accessible support in a timely manner and without financial barriers.
- Has published clinical results that show significant reduction of PTSD, depression & anxiety, and improvements in self-esteem, cognitive abilities & resiliency.
- Helps young survivors accomplish their goals and grow into productive, mentally healthy adults.
- Children aged 8-12 years old (boys and girls), and girls aged 13-17.
- History of child sexual abuse (and has been reported).
- Must be in good physical health.
- Developmentally able to be in a treatment facility.
- Psychologically minded and able to benefit from therapy.
- Able to perform the skills required for daily living.
- Able to commit to a one-year combined onsite and outpatient program.
- Does not have any exclusions such as significant use of alcohol or drugs, history of sexual violence, severe behavioural or mental health problems, or risk of running away.
If you are the parent or primary caregiver of a child who has been sexually abused and could benefit from the Be Brave Ranch, complete our confidential Online Referral Form.
Clinical data confirms the success of the Be Brave Ranch treatment program, including:
- Highly significant reductions in post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression and anxiety.
- Significant improvements in self-esteem, cognitive abilities and resiliency.
We believe this leads to profound long-term benefits, such as reduced mental health-related issues and enriched future outcomes.
Take A Virtual Tour
This place totally changed my life...the staff care so much and even helped my mom who was sexually abused like me as a kid. I don't feel crushed by my anxiety. I feel I can breathe again. I don't know what I would have done without the BBR.Lindsey
About The Ranch
Since 2014, the Be Brave Ranch by Ray LaBonte and Family has helped hundreds of children, youth and families overcome the profound impacts of their child sexual abuse trauma. Our safe, secure, multi-modal and culturally-inclusive program consists of a one-year combined onsite and outpatient interventions—programming that’s designed to reduce mental health-related issues today and enrich future outcomes.
About Little Warriors
Little Warriors is a national charitable organization focused on the awareness, prevention and treatment of child sexual abuse. Both Little Warriors and the Be Brave Ranch are fully accredited through the Canadian Accreditation Council (CAC), giving families, participants and supporters reassurance that Little Warriors has met—and in many areas exceeded—the high standards set by the CAC.